Maurel & Prom Issues Update on Colombian Wells
The Ortega Sur well, drilled in the Ortega Incremental Production Contract, signed with Ecopetrol S.A. and located in the Upper Magdalena Valley, 250 km southwest from Bogota, has reached three hydrocarbon bearing intervals from Caballos and Tetuan Formations.
Three selective tests in Middle & Upper Caballos and Tetuan, resulted in a gas production of 2.5 million cubic feet per day, 3.0 million cubic feet per day and 2.0 million cubic feet per day respectively, for a total estimate production of 7.5 million cubic feet per day equivalent to 1,350 boepd. Maurel & Prom net production (entitlement) after royalties represents an estimate of 4.76 million cubic feet per day equivalent to 857
Maurel & Prom, through its wholly owned subsidiary Hocol S.A., holds 69% of this contract that carries royalties of 8% and Ecopetrol, operator, holds the remaining 31%.
This gas well will support Maurel & Prom gas sales project in Colombia with Don Pedro and Monserrate Field. This well can be connected to Santa-Rita gas production facilities by the end of the year.
Cocli NE well has been plugged and abandoned.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)