Northern Offshore Nails New Contract for Jackup Energy Enhancer
Northern Offshore, Ltd. announced that it was awarded a contract by Star Energy for use of jackup Energy Enhancer to drill a well in the U.K. North Sea, subject to certain governmental approvals. The contract award is for an estimated 25 days with a contract value of approximately $5 million.
Work for Star Energy will follow in direct continuation to the rig's current contract with Maersk Oil and Gas offshore Denmark and a short transition period to complete preparations to work in the U.K. sector of the North Sea. Originally scheduled to conclude in August 2008, the contract with Maersk is now expected to be completed in late September 2008.
"This contract with Star Energy is particularly notable as it is Northern Offshore's first drilling contract in the U.K. sector of the North Sea," said Northern Offshore president and CEO Marion Woolie. "We expect the U.K. sector to be a core area of operation for the company in the years ahead."
Manages 3 Offshore Rigs
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)
Company: Star Energy more info
- Providence, Star Sign Agreement for Dragon License (Nov 12)
- Star Energy Group Fires Up Production at Avington Oil Field (Jan 27)
- EnCore Notes Preliminary Pressure Results at Esmond Reservoir (Nov 04)