IHS, Energistics Roll out First-Ever Standardized Well ID Service
IHS Inc. and Energistics have announced the launch of a service that delivers an industry standard for global unique well identifiers (GUWI) for all known oil and gas wells outside North America.
Until now, no standardized well identifier existed, and because many wells have multiple naming conventions and different phonetic spellings, oil companies, service companies, governments and regulatory agencies often found it almost impossible to cross-reference information. The new IHS/Energistics GUWI service delivers the first-ever common method for identifying wells, saving companies substantial time and money when trying to find and match well data from multiple sources based on varying criteria.
- Well Registration Service, which provides an IHS GUWI to each new wellbore record, available to IHS clients and non-clients alike
- Well Matching Service, which provides the IHS GUWI for companies' existing wellbore records, available to IHS clients and non-clients alike
- The Master Well Index, an IHS proprietary dataset containing the GUWI and associated meta-data for all its U.S., Canadian and international wells, available to IHS clients
- Analyst: LNG 'Most Powerful Weapon' In Addressing Ukraine Crisis (Mar 12)
- IHS: Unconventional Gas Activity to Fuel Future U.S. Job Creation (Jun 13)
- Report: Worldwide Unconventional M&A Spending Reaches Record Highs of $75B (Apr 02)