NPD Issues Permit for Lundin
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to Lundin Norway AS for well 16/1-10. The well will be drilled using the Bredford Dolphin. The rig is currently drilling wildcat well 34/3-1 S for BG Norge AS in production license 373 S.
The drilling program for 16/1-10 relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 338. Lundin is the operator with a 50 per cent ownership interest, while the other licensees are Revus and RWE-DEA with 30 and 20 per cent respectively. The area in this license consists of the south-eastern part of block 16/1. Well 16/1-10 is located about 15 km east of the 15/3-1 S Gudrun discovery in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 338 was awarded in APA 2004. This is the second well to be drilled in the production license.
The permit is contingent upon the operator obtaining all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)