Badger Completes First Half of Demo50 Tests in Denmark
Badger Explorer ASA has successfully completed the first part of its Demo50 full scale prototype test at the test site in Denmark. The tests, which have been performed onshore in an area with relevant geology, show encouraging results and prove that the area and the prototype unit are well-suited for the rest of the Demo50 tests to be performed during the second half of this year.
"The achievements verify the design and the capabilities of the technology at this stage and represent yet another step towards a commercial launch of Badger Explorer. We will now proceed with the assembling of the semi-autonomous drilling unit, which will undergo a sub-terranean self-burying drilling test at the same site in Q3 this year," said CEO Kjell Erik Drevdal.
The Badger Explorer is a revolutionary new method/device for hydrocarbon exploration, providing a substantial lower risk, cost and complexity than utilizing an expensive drilling rig. The Badger Explorer technology is subject to a lot of attention in the industry, both among authorities as well as large and small industry players from all over the world. The method/device will also lower the risk for environmental pollution and greatly reduce the disturbances commonly associated with exploration activities.
BXPL are now proceeding with further assembling of the prototype in order to initiate and complete testing of a semi-autonomous drilling unit within the third quarter 2008.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Badger Explorer ASA more info
- Extreme Cold Freezes Badger Explorer's Full Scale Testing (Jan 14)
- Badger Currently Testing Hydrocarbon Exploration Device in Denmark (Oct 23)
- Badger Completes First Half of Demo50 Tests in Denmark (Jul 03)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)