Sterling to Use the Prometeu to Drill Doina D
Sterling Resources has signed a drilling contract with Grup Servicii Petroliere S.A. (GSP) for the use of the jackup Prometeu, which is available to start operations on the Doina D well toward the end of July 2008. The contract is for one firm well and one option well. The option well is planned to be an appraisal and step-out well from the Doina Sister discovery which was drilled with the Prometeu in December 2007.
Stewart Gibson, CEO, commented, "We are pleased to have been able to sign a contract for the Prometeu, the rig and crew performed efficiently without incident on our Doina Sister well and we are looking forward to starting our 2008 drilling campaign in the Black Sea."
- Britain's Breagh Gas Field Back Up after 7 Week Closure (Dec 30)
- Production at UK Breagh Gas Field to Resume in 6-8 Weeks (Nov 20)
- UK's Breagh Gas Field Shut, Maybe for Two Weeks - Sterling (Nov 13)
Company: Grup Servicii Petroliere S.A. (GSP) more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- TPAO Lines Up GSP Jackup for Turkey Drilling (Apr 26)
- GSP Wins First Drilling Contract in N. Sea (Mar 09)