Kosmos Signs Deals for More Deepwater Rig Capacity for West Africa
Kosmos Energy has signed agreements with Atwood Oceanics Pacific Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Atwood Oceanics, Inc., and Noble Energy, Inc. under which Kosmos will utilize Atwood’s moored semisubmersible rig "Atwood Hunter" to pursue its deepwater drilling program offshore West Africa. The rig provides Kosmos with additional capacity to accelerate its West African exploration, appraisal and development drilling, particularly in Ghana where the company discovered the prolific Jubilee oil field. Noble Energy will share the rig with Kosmos and intends to utilize the "Atwood Hunter" for additional drilling offshore West Africa.
"We are fortunate these transactions have given us additional rig capacity for several years in light of today’s tight deepwater rig market," Musselman added. "This new addition to the rig fleet operating for Kosmos in West Africa, along with our recently announced $500 million additional equity from Kosmos Energy investors Blackstone Capital Partners and Warburg Pincus, will enable us to execute our strategy in Ghana. We plan to evaluate the country’s hydrocarbon resources expeditiously, accelerating oil production and value creation, which will significantly benefit the government and people of Ghana."
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)