PTTEP's Arthit Project Outproducing Expectations
Reference is made to Arthit Project in which PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) is the Operator with 80% participation interest. The other joint venture partners are Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production, Ltd. (Chevron) and Mitsui Oil Exploration Co., Ltd. (MOECO) with 16% and 4% participation interests respectively. The Arthit field has delivered natural gas to PTT Public Company Limited since March 26, 2008.
PTTEP announced that the Arthit Project currently produces natural gas at 370 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) and condensate at approximately 19,800 barrel per day (BPD), rates which are higher than our expectation of 330 MMSCFD and 11,000 BPD respectively. PTTEP considers this a success in attempting to supply energy for the increasing domestic demand.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)