Myall Creek Well Fire Extinguished
The gas fire at No. 8 well Myall Creek has been extinguished by specialists brought in from US firm Cudd Well Control. The well has been capped and is under control.
The fire had been burning since Monday April 7th.
Over the past few days, efforts have concentrated on removing the drilling rig from over the burning well, while specialist capping equipment was transported to the site. All operations proceeded to the plan formulated last week by Oil Company of Australia and Cudd Well Control.
The investigation to determine the cause of the incident by the relevant authorities is continuing and OCA is assisting this investigation in all ways possible.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Cudd Well Control more info
- Colombian Government Says Oil Fires are Under Control (Aug 20)
- Myall Creek Well Fire Extinguished (Apr 17)