Siem WIS Circsub Passes the Test
Siem WIS CircSub at the Weatherford Technology and Training Centre in Aberdeen has been completed with positive results.
The test of the Siem WIS CircSub has been carried out over a three weeks period, and a full integration, functionality and verification test of the system has been performed.
Through the test it has been documented that the Siem WIS CircSub concept represents a solution to achieve constant circulation during drillpipe connections.
The results from the test will form the basis for the up-coming pilot offshore operation at one of StatoilHydro's North Sea installations, which again will be important for the further development of the Siem WIS CircSub.
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)