Prosafe Sells Its 30% of Teekay Petrojarl for $258MM
Prosafe Production Public Limited has today sold 22,603,832 shares (corresponding to approximately 30.1% of the outstanding share capital) in Teekay Petrojarl ASA to Teekay at a price of NOK 59.00 per share. Prosafe Production holds no shares in Petrojarl following this transaction.
The proceeds of approximately US $258 million further strengthen the Company's ability to invest in the growing FPSO market.
In USD terms, the transaction price is more than 40% above the price paid by the Prosafe group in August 2006. However, it will result in a book loss of approximately US $55 million for Prosafe Production.
Prosafe Production is a major owner and operator of FPSOs. Operating profit before depreciation reached US $36.3 million in first quarter 2008. The Company operates globally and employs approximately 1,200 staff, and is headquartered in Cyprus.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Teekay Shipping more info
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $696M FPSO Conversion Deal for Brazil's Libra Project (Oct 13)
- Petrobras Inks LOI with Odebrecht-Teekay to Charter FPSO for Libra Project (Oct 10)
- Report: Russia's Yamal LNG Chooses Gas Carriers (Apr 23)