RWE Makes Inroads into Mauritania
RWE Dea acquired a 30% interest from Repsol YPF (operator) in the onshore blocks Ta09 and Ta10 in Mauritania. The transaction was approved by the Ministry of Petroleum and Mining in Nouakchott on June 8, 2008.
The two adjacent blocks are located in the Taoudeni Basin roughly 800km from the Atlantic coast and 200km west of the Mali border. In total both blocks cover an exploration area of 59,814sqkm. First geological and seismic field campaigns have been carried out. The underexplored Taoudeni Basin is expected to contain a high potential for gas.
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)