PXP, Oxy Commence $162MM Expansion in Piceance Gas Basin
Plains Exploration & Production Company (PXP) and a subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum Corporation (Oxy) have entered into an agreement with an undisclosed third party to acquire 11,500 acres immediately adjacent to PXP's existing Piceance Gas Basin assets.
PXP and Oxy, a 50% owner in our Piceance Gas Basin assets, have agreed to pay $162 million for a 95% working interest comprising approximately 11,500 net acres. PXP will operate these properties which include over 800 future drilling locations and an estimated 75 million barrels of oil equivalent of unproved resource potential net to PXP and Oxy.
The transaction is expected to close by the end of the second quarter subject to customary closing conditions.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)
Company: Plains Exploration & Production more info
- Noble, PXP Shake Hands on UDW Drillships for Gulf of Mexico (Apr 18)
- BP Sells Non-Strategic GOM Assets for $5.5B (Sep 10)
- PXP Posts Early Tender Offer Results for Senior Notes (Dec 01)