Norse, Petrobras Drill Dry Well at Peroba Prospect
Norse Energy Corp. ASA, in partnership with Petrobras, Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso, announced that the Peroba Prospect drilling was completed and that the result was a dry well.
Final logging operations showed that the two expected sandstone reservoirs were reached between 2,740 and 2,840 meters of depth, with around 25 meters thickness each and with good porosities but water bearing. Norse interpretation of the well results is that the migration paths to charge such reservoirs were not effective.
Rig SS-54 will now drill the Copaiba Prospect, in Block BM-CAL-5, where a second and different petroleum play will be tested. In this play, reservoirs and source rocks are closely associated and the main risk is related to reservoir continuity.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)