Technip Scores GOM Deepwater Pipeline Installation Contract
Technip has been awarded a lumpsum installation contract by Callon Petroleum Company for the Entrada oil field development in the Gulf of Mexico.
The contract covers the installation of two 6.5 mile steel flowlines that will tie-back two subsea wells at a depth of 4,475 feet, PLETs and inline structures and steel catenary risers to be connected to the Magnolia offshore platform in 4,675 feet of water depth.
Detailed engineering and project management will be performed at Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas. Welding of the flowlines and risers will take place at Technip's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled for the third quarter of 2008 using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.
- Texas Shale Drillers Lure $2 Billion in New Equity to Permian (Feb 02)
- Oil Companies' New Math Makes Them Look Bigger in Texas (Nov 21)
- Callon Updates Onshore US Ops (Jun 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)