Bumi Armada Wins Nigerian FPSO Contract from Eni's Agip
Malaysia-based international company Bumi Armada Berhad was awarded a contract to provide a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel to Nigerian Agip Exploration Ltd (NAE), a subsidiary of Italian oil major Eni SpA. Bumi Armada beat two other major international FPSO contractors to win the five year fixed time charter with a five year extension period for the leasing and operation of a one million barrel storage capacity FPSO to work the Oyo field (OML 120), 70 km off the coast of Nigeria.
"This new contract underscores our increasing competence in the execution of large and fast track projects," said Bumi Armada Berhad CEO Hassan Basma. "Our quick refurbishment of our first FPSO Armada Perkasa last year in record time of 12 months from contract to arrival on site is a testament to our team's increasing competence in design, engineering, conversion and refurbishment, project management and procurement capabilities. Clients are now beginning to recognize this."
The company has acquired the Romanian-built vessel 'Histria Crown' for the conversion into an FPSO with 45,000 BLPD processing capacity and storage capacity of 1 million barrels of processed oil. Water and Gas injection capabilities will be included in the FPSO's Topside. This new FPSO will be known as the 'Armada Perdana,' and First Oil is expected in July 2009.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)
Company: Bumi Armada Navigation Sdn Bhd more info
- Bumi Armada Wins Nigerian FPSO Contract from Eni's Agip (Jun 18)
- Afren, Amni Lease FPSO for Okoro Setu (Apr 17)
- Pan-United Wins First FPSO Ship Conversion Contract (Dec 20)