Bjorge, FMC Ink Contract on Surface Treatments on Subsea Components
Bjorge ASA has, through its section for advanced surface treatment, Norwegian Coating Technology (NCT), signed an outline agreement with FMC Technologies, Customer Support at Agotnes. The agreement relates to supplies of advanced surface treatment on components for FMC's subsea systems.
NCT has made substantial expansions and investments in its Notodden and Agotnes factories, in order to meet future supply requirements amongst other through this contract.
FMC and NCT have an extensive working partnership that goes back many years. The present outline agreement builds on previous agreements and represents a considerable extension of work scope. The agreement will represent an important tool in efforts to secure a high level of service and technical competence, capacity and quality in an expanding offshore market.
To NCT the contract is strategically important, consolidating the company's position in the offshore market, and as a supplier to FMC, a market leader within the subsea market worldwide.
The contract has a 5-year duration with an option for further 3+2 years.
The value in the contract period, excluding options, is estimated at around NOK 30 million.
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Bjorge ASA more info
- Aasland Takes Helm At Bjoerge (Jan 05)
- GE O&G Awards Bjorge Naxys Contract for Monitoring Subsea Installations (Jun 29)
- EnerMech Snaps Up Norwegian North Sea Crane Division (Oct 30)
Company: Norwegian Coating Technology (NCT) more info
- Bjorge, FMC Ink Contract on Surface Treatments on Subsea Components (Jun 18)
- Bjorge Wins New Subsea Contracts (Jan 24)