AF Gruppen Inks Contract for Largest Decommissioning Project in the N. Sea
AF Gruppen has signed the contract with Heerema Marine Contractors regarding the decommissioning of 9 platforms with an option for a further 4 from the Ekofisk-field.
The signed contract is based on the Letter of Intent which was signed and published on OSE November 6, 2007. The contract value including options is MNOK 1200.
The project will be handled by AF Decom Offshore, a part of AF's environmental business. Preliminary engineering work will start immediately, while decommissioning of the platforms will start in 2009. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2014.
The contract includes preliminary work offshore, decommissioning and recycling of total 140.000 ton steel constructions at AF Decom Offshore's decommissioning plant at Vats outside Haugesund.
AF Decom, part of AF's environmental business, will carry out the project. Preliminary work will start immediately, while decommissioning of the platforms will start in 2009. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2014.
"We are proud to be part of the largest decommissioning project in the North Sea. The agreement strengthens our strategic targeting of environmental services and is an important recognition of our competence in dismantling and recycling of offshore steel constructions. The contract forms the basis for further growth in our environmental business offshore," said Pal Egil Ronn, CEO of AF Gruppen.
- New UK Deepwater Decommissioning Base in the Works (Feb 25)
- AFG Inks Decommissioning Deal with Shell for 6 Offshore Platforms (Feb 02)
- AF Gruppen Inks Contract for Largest Decommissioning Project in the N. Sea (Jun 18)
Company: Heerema Marine Contractors more info
- Sembcorp Marine Taps GE Technology for World's Largest Semisub Crane Vessel (Jul 14)
- IEV Mobilizes for T&I Work on Shell's Malikai TLP Offshore Sabah (May 17)
- Heerema Completes Infield Flowlines Scope for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA (Feb 24)