Tui 3-D Seismic Results to be Fast-Tracked
The 3-D seismic program now being carried out by PEP 38460 operator Transworld Oil Ltd over the recent Tui oil discovery in offshore Taranaki is expected to be completed about mid-May, partner New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd says.
Tui-1 encountered a 10 m oil column within the Kapuni F sands which produce oil at Maui B, 20 km to the south.
The joint venture began acquisition of the 3-D seismic on 23 March to more accurately determine the size of the Tui discovery and also delineate several similar targets nearby.
NZOG said processing of the seismic will be fast-tracked so that interpretation can be completed in sufficient time to allow the joint venture to arrange drilling next summer.
Preliminary processed seismic data is expected to be available for interpretation in June or July 2003.
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Transworld Oil more info
- Westech to Redrill East Coast Kauhauroa Gas Discovery Structure (Mar 14)
- Cooper Joins Seruway PSC Offshore Indonesia (Mar 06)
- GFI Acquires Stake in Seruway Block Offshore Indonesia (Jun 26)