StatoilHydro Receives Consent to Drill in the Barents Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 7224/6-1 (Arenaria) with the semisub Polar Pioneer.
The well belongs to Production License 394, which is located about 162 km north of the North Cape and has a water depth of 267 meters.
Polar Pioneer is operated by Transocean Offshore and received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in May 2004.
Planned start-up of drilling is at the beginning of July 2008, as soon as Polar Pioneer has concluded drilling operations on Ververis for StatoilHydro. The activity is expected to have a duration of 50 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)