NPD Grants StatoilHydro Permit for Transocean Winner
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 15/5-7, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
Wellbore 15/5-7 is to be drilled from the semisub Transocean Winner once the rig has completed the drilling of wildcat well 30/9-21 for Statoil in Production License 104.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/5-7 concerns drilling of an appraisal well in Production License 048. StatoilHydro is the operator with a 78.2% interest, and Total is a licensee with a 21.8% interest. The acreage in this license consists of two parts of block 15/5. Block 15/5 is located immediately northwest of Sleipner in the middle of the North Sea.
Production License 048 was awarded in the 3rd Round in 1977. This is the third well to be drilled in the Production License.
The permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)