Schlumberger Snags Hess Software Contract
Schlumberger announced that it has signed an agreement with Hess Corporation to provide geological, geophysical, reservoir engineering, economics, drilling, and production software. The agreement also includes data management services and enhanced application and workflow support for Hess worldwide.
Under the agreement, Hess will deploy GeoFrame reservoir characterization, Petrel seismic to simulation, ECLIPSE reservoir simulation, Merak project economics, as well as OFM and Drilling Office softwares.
"As a global player in the upstream petroleum industry, we need a comprehensive suite of software tools for our geoscientists and engineers to optimize their decision making ability in a wide variety of conditions," said Scott Heck, senior vice president, exploration and production technology, Hess Corporation.
"We are delighted to have this opportunity to partner with Hess in a long-term agreement as they define and deploy their next generation interpretation platform," said Tony Bowman, president, Schlumberger Information Solutions. "Schlumberger has developed comprehensive experience in applying software, workflow processes, and data integration strategies that accelerate the return on technology investment throughout the organization."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)