Sevan Secures Options with COSCO to Build Six Units
Sevan Marine ASA has secured options to build six additional Sevan drilling units with China's COSCO shipyard group. Sevan is currently building the ultra deepwater, dynamically positioned Sevan Driller at COSCO's Nantong shipyard and intends to build the two recently contracted deepwater drilling units to be provided to Petrobras SA and ONGC, respectively, at the same shipyard.
"The agreement with COSCO puts us in an excellent position to take advantage of the expected strong market for deepwater drilling units," said Jan Erik Tveteraas, CEO of Sevan Marine ASA.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)