NZOG Reports Strong Test Flows from Kupe Field
The three Kupe field production wells have together test flowed a total of over 115 million standard cubic feet a day and a condensate flow of over 15,000 barrels a day, one of the Kupe partners New Zealand Oil & Gas (NZOG) reports. The wells will now be shut in as the Ensco 107 jackup rig prepares to move to the Momoho-1 exploration well location 6 km southeast of the Kupe platform.
NZOG reported the separate test flows from the three wells.
The first development well Kupe South-8 (KS-8) flowed at a sustained gas rate of 33 mmscf/d and a condensate rate of 3,840 of stock tank barrels a day (bbls/d).
The KS-8 test was from a 62 m interval from 3,513 m to 3,575 m measured depth below rotary table (mdrt). The test was flowed through a 1 inch choke at surface flowing pressure of 2,100 psig.
The second development well KS-6 test flowed at a sustained gas rate of 41 mmscf/d and a condensate rate of 5,130 bbls/d. The KS-6 test was from an interval of 92 m between depths of 3,014 mdrt and 3,106 mdrt.
The KS-6 well was tested at a choke size of 56/64 inches and 3,030 psig.
NZOG reported the third development well the Kupe South 7 sidetrack (KS-7 ST1) flowed at a sustained gas rate of 41.8 mmscf/d and a condensate rate of 6,393 bbls/d. The KS-7 ST1 test was from a 92 m interval between depths of 3,188 mdrt and 3,280 mdrt.
The KS-7 ST1 was tested at a choke size of 56/64 inches and 3,051 psig.
The Kupe project is expected to be completed by mid-2009 and produce approximately 254 petajoules of natural gas, 1.1 million tonnes of LPG and 14.7 million barrels of light oil/condensate.
The development will comprise production wells tied into an unmanned offshore platform, a 30 km pipeline to shore, and an onshore processing station.
Kupe is located south of New Zealand's Taranaki Peninsula. Partners are operator Origin Energy (50%), Genesis Energy (31%), NZOG (15%), and Mitsui E&P NZ (4%).
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Genesis Energy more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- Genesis Buys Enterprise Offshore Pipelines for $1.5 Billion (Jul 16)