Maersk Resilient Starts Up in Dubai Waters
The Maersk Resilient arrived in United Arab Emirates waters on March 1, 2008, and following final preparations, the rig commenced operations for Dubai Petroleum Establishment. On April 21, Maersk Resilient headed off to its first operating location: the Fateh U platform in Dubai waters. For the first 6-12 months, the drilling program will mainly involve operations on existing platforms to allow the rig and crew a smooth start.
Maersk Resilient is contracted to Dubai Petroleum Establishment for three years.
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: Dubai Petroleum Establishment (DPE) more info
- DPE Discovers Gas at T-02 Well in Dubai's Offshore Fateh Field (Oct 14)
- Technip Bags EPCI Contract from DPE for the Jalilah B field off Dubai (Jan 28)
- Dubai Says New Oil Field to Start Operations within a Year (Feb 05)