Tethys Oil Spuds Well Onshore Oman
Tethys Oil has spudded Jebel Aswad-2 (JAS-2) on Block 15 onshore Oman. The well is drilled to further delineate the Natih A limestone reservoir and it is designed to optimize production rates.
JAS-2 is drilled 1.2 kilometers south west of Jebel Aswad-1, which was drilled last year and flowed 2,626 BOEPD on test. Drilling operations are expected to take 65 days including testing, and the well is expected to reach a final depth of 3,200 meters. At target depth, one or two horizontal sidetracks of a total length of an additional 1,000 meters are planned.
The Abraj 204 rig currently contracted with Oilex plc is being used.
Tethys has a 40 % interest and is operator of Block 15. Danish company Odin Energy is a partner holding a 60 % interest.
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)
Company: Odin Energy Limited more info
- Tethys Collects 3D Seismic for Onshore Oman's Block 15 (Jan 08)
- Tethys to Complete JAS-2 Well Onshore Oman as Producer (Aug 20)
- Tethys Oil Spuds Well Onshore Oman (Jun 05)