Oilex Launches Seismic Survey in Highly Rated JPDA 06-103 Block
Oilex advises that the first phase of offshore operations has commenced in the Block JPDA 06-103, located in the Timor Sea JPDA between Timor-Leste and Australia. The Geowave Champion seismic vessel has completed its clearances and is on location preparing to acquire the extensive, high resolution Maura 3D marine seismic program over an area of 2,082 square km. Data from this survey will be combined with existing 3D seismic surveys to provide 3D seismic coverage over more than 90% of the area of the Block. Processing of the data is expected to be concluded about the end of 2008 and the interpretation of the data over the entire block is anticipated to be completed by about end of March 2009. Locations for exploration wells will then be selected for drilling starting about mid-year 2009.
To that end, Oilex is also in negotiation with suppliers of offshore drilling equipment to secure the services of a suitable semisubmersible drilling unit to drill 2 wells in the first phase mid-year 2009 to be followed up by further drilling activity later in the year.
Participants in the JPDA 06-103 Production Sharing Contract are operator Oilex with 25%, Global Energy with 25%, Bharat Petroresources JPDA WITH 25%, and GSPC with 25%.
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Global Energy, Inc. more info
- Pan Pacific Petroleum Reports on Timor Sea, Vietnam Farm-Ins (Oct 13)
- Pan Pacific Petroleum Snaps Up Stake in Timor Sea Block (Sep 30)
- Oilex: Conditions for Timor Sea Block Farm-Out Satisfied (Aug 28)
Company: GSPC more info
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
- GNRL Oil & Gas Finds Oil at ND#1A Well in Gujarat (Sep 23)
- GSPC Books Re-Gasification Capacity at Petronet LNG's Dahej Terminal (Jan 07)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)