Providence Says AJE 4 Meets Pre-drill Expectations
Providence Resources announced the following information about their AJE 4 Well results:
As previously announced, the AJE-4 well, offshore of Nigeria, was drilled using the Deepwater Pathfinder drillship in c. 1,000ft water depth between February and April 2008. Providence holds a 5% interest in the AJE Field. The other partners are Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (Operator), Chevron Nigeria Deepwater H Limited (Technical Adviser to the Operator), Vitol Exploration Nigeria Limited and Energy Equity Resources Aje Limited.
The AJE-4 well was designed to evaluate two objectives. The first objective was to test the lateral extent of the Upper Cretaceous oil and gas bearing reservoirs, which had been successfully tested in AJE 1 & 2 wells, thereby allowing the partners to assess the full extent of the AJE field. The second objective of the AJE -4 well was to evaluate additional deeper exploration targets, particularly the Albian, which were mapped to be underlying the AJE field. The AJE-4 well results confirm that these objectives have been comprehensively achieved.
"We are delighted to report these results as they confirm our long held view in relation to the commercial potential of the AJE field," said Tony O'Reilly, CEO of Providence. "In addition, we are extremely pleased to be able to announce the results from the exploration objectives of the AJE-4 well, which was a target identified by the Technical Advisor. Discussions have already commenced within the partnership concerning the potential commercial development of the AJE field, as well as the future exploration potential of OML113."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)
Company: Vitol GPC Investments more info
- World's Biggest Oil Traders See Wildly Diverging Crude Price (Oct 19)
- Middle East Oil Producers Turn to Crude Trading to Boost Incomes (Sep 29)
- Glencore Strikes Multi-Year Purchase Deal With Angola LNG (Sep 20)