RXT Wins Seismic Contract for Campos Basin Work
The multi-component seismic company Reservoir Exploration Technology ASA (RXT) has received an award with Petroleo Brasileiro S.A for a contract offshore Brazil. Based on a tendered contract value of US $210 million, the work represents RXT's largest ever marine OBC seismic contract and is expected to take approximately 24 months to acquire.
Under this contract award, RXT will acquire both 4C and 2C OBC seismic data over several producing fields in the Campos Basin.
"This award underscores PETROBRAS' commitment to the application of high technology for their appraisal and development plans," states RXT's President, Mike Scott. "RXT is very pleased to be part of PETROBRAS plans, and this contract award illustrates their confidence in RXT's multi-component seismic acquisition capabilities. It is further confirmation that we are on track with our business strategy to actively deploy our technology in the major oil development and producing regions of the world."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Reservoir Exploration Technology more info
- RXT Bags OBC Survey for Statoil Field (Jan 13)
- RXT Plans to Strengthen Capital Structure (Mar 08)
- RXT Gets Environmental License for Brazil Seismic (Jan 26)