Rowan Waits to See if Jackup Gorilla VI Will Pass Muster with PSA
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has received a new, updated application for an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) from Rowan Drilling U.K. Ltd. (Rowan Drilling) for the jackup Rowan Gorilla VI. Earlier this year, the PSA refused the company's first AoC application.
The rig is currently operating on the British shelf. A four-week stay is planned at a yard in Dundee, Scotland, before the rig proceeds to the Norwegian shelf for various modifications and upgrades in preparation for its operation for BG Norge AS.
The tentative start-up date on the Norwegian shelf is set for mid-August.
Since January 1, 2004, the AoC has been one of the pre-conditions for allowing a rig to carry out operations related to petroleum activities on the Norwegian shelf.
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)