AMEC Agrees to Provide Engineering and Project Management for BP
AMEC has entered into an agreement with BP International Limited to provide engineering and project management services for BP's offshore developments around the world.
AMEC is one of three companies selected by BP for this long-term agreement, which sets out the principles of collaborative working for the next four years with an option to extend. It will enable BP's project management teams to access AMEC's international resources when and where required.
BP has a substantial program of offshore development projects planned for the next 10 years, primarily across the seven strategic areas of Angola, Asia-Pacific, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea and Trinidad. As they look to access new areas, further developments may result.
"BP is one of the world's great companies and we are delighted that they have chosen us to be one of their strategic partners as they seek to grow their business," said Neil Bruce, Chief Operating Officer for AMEC's Natural Resources division. "This excellent agreement reflects our leading position in engineering and project management services and our ability to support customers wherever needed."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)