SBM Secures LOI for Capixaba FPSO on Petrobras' Cachalote Field
SBM Offshore has secured a letter of intent from Petrobras for a lease and operate contract of the company's existing FPSO Capixaba for a period of 12 years at the Cachalote field offshore Brazil. The FPSO Capixaba will be disconnected from its current location at the Golfinho field offshore Brazil and after transfer to a shipyard, the FPSO will be modified and upgraded for the new application and will then transfer back to Brazil for offshore hook up, installation and operation on the Cachalote field.
The execution schedule extends for a period of eight months, from planned disconnection at the Golfinho field in June 2009, to first oil on the Cachalote field in February 2010. The relocation and upgrade works will require a significant additional capex investment in the unit resulting in an amended lease contract with a new lease rate which will be payable from date of start-up on the Cachalote field.
The order represents an additional portfolio value of approximately 1 billion US Dollars for the total of the relocation fee and the non-discounted total of the fixed lease rates payable over the 12 year lease period, after deduction of the remaining years' revenues from February 2010 under the original FPSO Capixaba lease.
- Petrobras Hires Transocean Drillships (Mar 11)
- 8-Year Petrobras Contract Starts for TechnipFMC-DOF (Feb 19)
- TechnipFMC Scores Brazil Subsea Contract (Feb 06)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)