CAPP Honors 4 Canadian Companies with Steward of Excellence Awards
Devon Canada Corporation, Chevron Canada Resources, Petro-Canada and Imperial Oil Resources were honored during the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers' (CAPP) seventh annual Steward of Excellence Awards Dinner.
Keynote speaker, Chris Turner, author of Geography of Hope: A Tour of the World We Need, addressed almost 400 representatives of the upstream oil and gas industry and stakeholders from government, community groups and environmental organizations at a ceremony to recognize exceptional efforts and performance by CAPP member companies.
"The Canadian upstream oil and gas industry understands the importance of developing resources in a balanced and responsible manner, working closely with stakeholders and communicating openly and honestly to build strong, lasting relationships with the communities where we operate," said Brian Maynard, CAPP Vice President, Stewardship and Public Affairs. "These awards recognize some of the exceptional work being undertaken by our member companies."
The four recipient companies demonstrated:
The winners were selected from 28 entries submitted to a panel of independent judges that included representatives from industry stakeholders. All of the companies that made submissions demonstrated a continued commitment to Stewardship in environment, health and safety, and social performance. One company received special recognition with the President's Award.
The following companies were honoured in these specific categories:
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Devon Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Devon Energy 3Q Profit Beats Estimates (Oct 31)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Imperial Oil more info
- Canada's Imperial Oil Posts Unexpected 2Q Loss (Jul 28)
- Imperial Oil Profit Boosted By Asset-Sale Gain (Jan 31)
- Bulk of Canada's Oil Sands Plants Seen Up in Days to Weeks (May 11)