HB Rentals Supplies Accommodation Units to FPSO in the UKCS
Offshore accommodation specialist, HB Rentals, a Superior Energy Services company, agreed to provide five 32-ft x 11-ft sleeping accommodation units to Maersk’s Curlew, FPSO vessel in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf.
HB Rentals was the only provider able to offer these accommodations to Maersk within its necessary timeframe and was still able to customize the unit. HB Rentals stripped the accommodation at their facility in Aberdeen to reduce the weight for lifting it onto the platform and refitted the removed parts onsite.
"At HB Rentals, we want to ensure that our customers are receiving the accommodations they want, when they want them," said Craig Russell, sales director Europe/Asia. "Thanks to the quality and availability of our fleet, we can."
Even while facing the challenges of time constraints and customization, HB Rentals was able to meet Maersk's rigid safety standards, and the units are fully DNV 271 and A60 SOLAS/IMO compliant.
HB Rentals is the world's largest supplier of temporary on and offshore accommodation modules, operating from three major global hubs in Broussard, La.; Aberdeen, Scotland; and Singapore.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: HB Rentals more info
- HB Rentals Expands Rental Fleet with Linkable Onshore Skids (Mar 29)
- HB Rentals Secures Middle East Work (Mar 15)
- HB Rentals Builds Custom Sleeper Offshore Brazil (Aug 30)