Expro Group Wins Kristin Contract
Expro International Group has been awarded a contract by Aker Kvaerner to design, manufacture, test and qualify Open Water Lubricator Valves for Kristin, Statoil¹s flagship HP/HT subsea development. The Valves are being supplied for work commencing in 2004 and will form part of the open water marine package provided by Aker Kvaerner to complete the HP/HT wells.
Kristin is Norway¹s first ever subsea HP/HT development, and represents a major milestone in the ongoing need for reliable technology able to withstand severe environmental conditions.
The Valves use Expro¹s award-winning field proven ELSA (Enhanced Landing String Assembly) high integrity ball valve technology that will be fully tested and qualified to operate in open water environments to temperatures of 145ºC, and pressures of 13,600 psi.
Work will be managed and conducted from the Group's facilities in Bergen and Aberdeen.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Expro International Group more info
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)