Govt. Pushes for Northern Territory $12B Inpex Project with Total
Chief Minister Paul Henderson will travel to Europe this weekend to secure the $12 billion Inpex project for the Northern Territory State.
"I'm fighting hard to get the Inpex project at Middle Arm because it will mean thousands of jobs for Territorians and huge economic benefits for decades to come," Henderson said.
Henderson will discuss the case for the project with senior Executive Management of Total, joint venture owner and developer and of the Ichthys gas field with Inpex.
"It's important I personally tell Total the Territory is open for business and we want this project," stated Henderson. "I will continue to do all I can to secure for this important project for the Northern Territory."
Henderson said, "My meeting with senior executives from Total, Inpex's joint venture partners, in Paris next week is now even more important."
Henderson will leave Darwin on Sunday night and return early Thursday morning.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Ichthys LNG more info
- Clough DORIS, Ichthys Execute Binding Contract (Sep 08)
- Ichthys JV Chooses Site for LNG Processing Facility (Sep 26)
- Govt. Pushes for Northern Territory $12B Inpex Project with Total (May 29)