Keppel FELS Delivers West Ariel Ahead of Schedule
Keppel FELS has completed its fourth KFELS B class jackup rig for SeaDrill within budget and three days ahead of schedule.
This is Keppel O&M's sixth jackup rig delivery this year, with five from Keppel FELS and one from Keppel AmFELS.
In keeping with the naming tradition for all of SeaDrill's other drilling units, this rig has been christened with the name of a celestial body, West Ariel. This KFELS B Class rig will have the capability of operating in water depths of up to 400 feet, has a drilling depth of 30,000 feet and can accommodate 112 men.
Commenting on the early delivery of the rig, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of Keppel O&M, Mr. Tong Chong Heong, said, "I am delighted with the early completion of the West Ariel which demonstrates our commitment to keep our promises of on-time, within-budget deliveries to our customers."
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill Postpones Court Hearing For Restructuring Talks (Jan 25)
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)