NOC Signs Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement in Libya
The National Oil Corporation signed an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement with a Consortium, including Sonatrach, Oil India and Indian Oil. Sonatrach leads the consortium. The Agreement covers Contract Area (95/96) Blocks 2/1, 2&4 in Ghadames basin in Libya, which the Consortium won in the Public Bid Round 4 for gas exploration.
The Consortium is committed to a minimum work program of 2000 km of 2D, 2600 km2 of 3D and (8) exploration wells, at an estimate cost of US $152 million.
The Consortium will pay a signature bonus of US $10 million one month following GPC's approval and after the effective date.
In the presence of Dr. Chakib Khelil, Minister of Energy and Mines, Republic of Algeria, the Agreement was signed by Dr. Shokri Mohamed Ghanem, NOC Chairman and executives representing the consortium. The signature ceremony was attended by NOC Management Committee Members and department managers, as well as the ambassadors of Algeria and India.
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Algeria's Shale Gas Plans Will Take Time, Require Tough Reforms (Dec 29)
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
Company: Indian Oil Corporation more info
- Indian Refiners Turn To Use Dirty Fuel To Produce Power, Gas (Dec 05)
- Indian Oil Aims For LNG Import Capacity Of 13.5 Million Tonnes In 5 Years (Oct 27)
- Sources: India's IOC Buys New US Crude Grades For December Delivery (Oct 10)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
Company: Oil India more info
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
- ONGC Plans to Drill 17 Exploration Wells in India's Shale Oil, Gas Blocks (Apr 26)