Noreco Ups Interest in Norwegian North Sea License
Noreco has entered into an agreement with Endeavour Energy Norge AS, whereby Endeavour transfers a 5% interest in license PL453S in Norway to Noreco. The transaction follows an agreement between the two parties in the awards in predefined areas in 2007, and is subject to customary approvals. Noreco's ownership in the license after the transaction will increase to 25%.
License PL453 S in the Norwegian part of the North Sea has exploration potential in Paleocene deep marine sandstones and deeper series. The geology is similar to the producing fields in the Siri area in Denmark, where Noreco has significant expertise. The operator Lundin Norway AS plans to shoot 3D seismic on the license in 2008 to map prospectivity.
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- BMT Cordah Advises on 27th Licensing Round (Feb 19)
- Aker Bags Umbilical Gig for Endeavour's E. Rochelle Proj. (Jul 21)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)