Atwood Awards Aker $35M Drilling Riser System Contract
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract for the delivery of a complete deepwater marine drilling riser system with buoyancy package and associated equipment from offshore drilling company Atwood Oceanics. Contract value is approximately US $35 million.
The deepwater marine drilling riser system will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' subsea manufacturing centre in Malaysia. Buoyancy modules will be manufactured by Aker Solutions subsidiary Phoenix Polymers.
Delivery of the drilling riser system is scheduled for 2010.
"It is always enjoyable to get a new, well-reputed customer as Atwood Oceanics onboard. We are confident in our ability to deliver, so we will make sure we take this opportunity to position ourselves for future work from Atwood," said Svein Haug, senior vice president Umbilical & Riser, Aker Solutions.
The contract party is Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)