Comstock Makes Gulf of Mexico Discovery
Comstock Resources reports the results of a successful deep exploratory prospect drilled in the first quarter as part of its offshore Gulf of Mexico exploration program with Bois d' Arc Offshore, Ltd. A significant offshore discovery was made at South Pelto Block 22. The South Pelto Block 22 OCS-G 18054 #2 well was drilled to a depth of 18,869 feet and found approximately 520 feet of net pay in eleven separate reservoirs. The well was drilled by Hercules Offshore's "Odin Victory" jack-up rig in 58 feet of water depth in the northwestern portion of the block. The well was spudded on February 27th and reached total depth on April 5th.
Comstock owns a 29% working interest in this discovery which is operated by Bois d' Arc Offshore, Ltd. Once this well is completed, a determination will be made of the number of future delineation wells and the size of production facilities necessary to develop this significant discovery.
- Explorers In Need of Cash Are Selling Oil Fields as Last Resort (Aug 06)
- Rosetta Buying Permian Basin Assets from Comstock for $768M (Mar 15)
- Comstock Resources, KKR Pen Eagle Ford Agreement (Jul 30)
Company: Bois d'Arc more info
- US Upstream O&G Transactions Dive to Five-Year Low (Mar 17)
- Bois d'Arc, Stone Energy's Stockholders Check Yes for Merger (Aug 27)
- Stone Energy to Acquire Bois d'Arc Energy (Apr 30)