Baker Hughes, ReedHycalog Pen Tech Reciprocal License Agreement
Baker Hughes Incorporated announced that it has reached reciprocal license agreements with ReedHycalog, a division of National Oilwell Varco, Inc. regarding outstanding patent infringement claims and counter-claims.
As part of the agreements, Baker Hughes and ReedHycalog have agreed to a cross license of the disputed technologies. Baker Hughes will pay ReedHycalog $70 million in royalties for prior use of certain patented technologies and will pay a minimum of $30 million in royalties for future use. ReedHycalog has agreed to pay royalties for the license of certain Baker Hughes patented technologies.
Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations, Inc. will be dismissed from and have no liability, and will release ReedHycalog from all counter claims, in connection with the previously disclosed litigation currently pending in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas.
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)
Company: ReedHycalog more info
- NOV Reaches Patent Cross License Agreement (Mar 16)
- Baker Hughes, ReedHycalog Pen Tech Reciprocal License Agreement (May 22)
- Grant Prideco Signs TReX License Agreement with Smith Internationa (Oct 04)