Petrobras and Cuban Minister of Industry Meet about GOM Exploration
The Minister of Basic Industry of Cuba, Yadira García, was welcomed at Petrobras' main office building, in Rio de Janeiro, where she participated in a work meeting with Company executives. During the meeting, issues regarding the cooperation agreement signed between Petrobras and the National Cuban Oil Company (Cupet), signed on January 15 2008, were discussed. The document calls for initiatives in the exploration & production, lubricant, refining, maintenance, research & development, and human resource areas.
Petrobras and Cupet also examined the possibility of beginning seismic surveys in an offshore area in the Cuban sector of the Gulf of Mexico in the near future. Since the late 1990s, foreign companies have been authorized to operate in that region.
There were negotiations aimed at building a lubricant plant in Havana. Specifically for this purpose, the terms of the association agreement between Petrobras and Cupet to incorporate a mixed company are currently being negotiated.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Cupet more info
- Putin: Russia's Rosneft To Explore For Offshore Oil In Cuba (Jul 11)
- Pluspetrol Spuds First '09 Well in Cabinda South Block (Nov 17)
- Lacula Farms-Out Interest to Cupet Onshore Angola (Nov 03)