Total Joins Petronas in Exploration Efforts Offshore Malaysia
Total's wholly-owned subsidiary Total E&P Malaysia has signed a production sharing contract with national oil company Petronas. The contract covers Blocks PM303 and PM324, located around 100 kilometers offshore Peninsular Malaysia in 50 to 80 meters of water depth.
Total E&P Malaysia will hold a 70% interest in and operate each block, alongside partner Petronas Carigali. The work commitments during the exploration period encompass seismic data acquisition and high-pressure/high-temperature exploration drilling, an area in which Total enjoys recognized expertise.
The acquisition reflects Total's commitment to expanding its relations with Petronas and broadening its presence in Southeast Asia.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)