DNO Reassesses, Announces UKCS Mulle Discovery
DNO has completed an interpretation of the license potential of the UK license, P1067 - block 211/22b based on re-evaluation of well 211/22-2 data.
The well was drilled, logged and cored in 1977 by Sun Oil. However, no drill stem test was undertaken at the time. Based on a full re-evaluation of available log and core data, as well as correlation with neighboring wells, the well is considered to be a discovery of a 20 m oil column within the Brent Group. This is now identified as the Mulle discovery, estimated to contain gross recoverable reserves between 4mmboe (low) and 36mmboe (high), with a mid case of 17mmboe within the P1067 license.
The license group will now focus on maturing the discovery further including a possible appraisal well. The objective will be to develop the discovery as a subsea tie-in to neighboring infrastructure, existing or planned.
The Mulle prospect is located downdip of the Causeway Field operated by Antrim Energy.
The licensees of block 211/22b (P1067) are DNO (50%, Operator), Elixir Petroleum (40%) and Rocksource UK Ltd (10%). The license was awarded in the UKCS 21st Licensing Round and was renewed in September 2007.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)