Petrobras Makes Santos Basin Pre-Salt Discovery
A Petrobras-led consortium has proved the presence of oil in pre-salt reservoirs with well 1-BRSA-532A-SPS (1-SPS-52A). Preliminary analyses indicate oil gravity is between 25 and 28 ° API, comparable to that of the other pre-salt oils found in the Santos Basin. The well is located in an ultra-deepwater area of the Santos Basin.
This pioneer well is located approximately 250 kilometers off the coast of the state of Sao Paulo in 2,139 meters of water. It was completed on May 18, 2008 at a depth of 6,773 meters and was drilled by the Noble Paul Wolff semisub.
The discovery was proved via an oil sampling by a lined well formation test in reservoirs situated at a depth of nearly 6,000 meters.
The Consortium is preparing a Discovery Assessment Plan to be sent to the ANP, as provided for in the Concession Agreement, giving continuity to the investment activities for block BM-S-8.
Partners in the Consortium are Petrobras as operator with 66%; Shell with 20% and Galp energia with 14%.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)