SBM Offshore Sells FPSO Mystras, Extends Lease on FPSO Falcon
FPSO Mystras Purchase Option Exercised
FPSO Mystras Producao de Petroleo LTDA (FMPP), a 50% owned subsidiary of SBM Offshore N.V., has received a notice from Agip Energy and Natural Resources Ltd (AENR), exercising AENR's option under the current Service Agreement to purchase the FPSO Mystras.
Full delivery pursuant to the purchase option is scheduled to take place at the FPSO's present location in the Okono and Okpoho fields offshore Nigeria on July 16, 2008. Responsibilities of the owner for the management, operation and maintenance were transferred to AENR as of May 16, 2008.
FPSO Falcon Lease Extension
A one-year extension of the lease and operate contract for the FPSO Falcon has been obtained from Esso Deepwater Limited, a subsidiary of ExxonMobil. The FPSO Falcon, which is fully owned and operated by SBM Offshore N.V., is consequently under contract until November 23, 2009.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)