StatoilHydro Scores Permit to Drill Dagny Well with Transocean Winner
StatoilHydro ASA has been granted a permit to drill on Dagny field well 15/5-7 with the Transocean Winner.
Well 15/5-7 is expected to spud in June 2008, with an expected drilling duration of 90 days.
A third-generation semi-submersible, the Transocean Winner is a type GVA-4000 that was built in 1983 by Gotaverken Arendal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Transocean Winner received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance in August 2006.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)