Third Time's a Charm: Edison Orders another Crane from MacGregor
Edison Chouest Offshore (ECO) has ordered its another 150-tonne Hydramarine Active Heave-Compensation (AHC) crane from MacGregor's Offshore division, its third within the past 18 months. These cranes are being delivered in February and October 2009, and the first quarter of 2010.
The three cranes are identical and belong to MacGregor's well known HMC 3568 series, with a 150-tonne single-line winch capable of working in depths down to 3,000m. The advanced Hydramarine AHC system gives the vessel an increased weather window for offshore operation.
Louisiana-based Edison Chouest Offshore (ECO) owns and operates a growing fleet of new generation offshore service vessels supporting the majority of the US Gulf deepwater market, as well as a large independently owned fleet of research vessels. ECO's ability to design, build, own and operate, combined with a corporate philosophy to provide customers with the right vessel at a competitive price, has proven to be very successful.
- Sources: Pirates Kidnap Two U.S. Sailors Off Nigerian Coast (Oct 24)
- Chouest Plans Series of Diesel Electric Offshore Supply Vessels (Aug 06)
- Edison Chouest Offshore Purchases Tampa Shipyard (Jan 19)
Company: MacGregor Group more info
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Supply Deal for ME-Bound OSVs Being Built in China (Sep 20)
- MacGregor to Supply Pusnes Loading Systems to China's Cosco Shipyard (Feb 18)
- MacGregor Bags LBC Crane Contracts from Merkers Offshore (Jul 08)