CNPC and PDVSA Join Forces to Develop Junin-4 Block
On May 9, witnessed by Venezuela President Hugo Chavez and Chinese Vice Premier Hui Liangyu, a framework agreement on creating a joint venture to develop Junin-4 Block was signed by CNPC Vice President Zhou Jiping and Venezuelan Energy and Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez, who is also President of PDVSA.
According to this framework agreement, a joint venture will be established by CNPC and PDVSA, in which CNPC has a 40% stake and PDVSA has a 60% stake. The venture will drill for and upgrade the super-heavy oil at Junin-4 Block in the Orinoco heavy oil belt with a target annual productivity of 20 million tons.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)